PREVENTION & WELLNESS
SAFE Elementary Before and After School Program Evaluations
NITA M LOWEY 21st CCLC (SAFE Before and After School Program) External Evaluation Reports
The program shall undergo a periodic evaluation to assess the program’s progress toward achieving the goal of providing high-quality opportunities for academic enrichment and overall student success.
The results of evaluations shall be used to:
- refine, improve, and strengthen the program or activity, and to refine the performance measures
- made available to the public upon request, with public notice of such availability provided
- used by the State to determine whether a subgrant is eligible to be renewed
Gentle Yoga with Tamalyn
Prevention Programming; Process and development, parent and youth training; community assessment, community planning organizational services.
We NyECC provides general workshops and trainings at no or low cost to partners and community members,as well as, specialized workshops as needed. NyECC is available to provide trainings and classes on a variety of prevention topics that include substance use and abuse (tobacco, alcohol, other drugs, energy drinks/alcohol energy drinks). Other trainings and workshops include, grant writing, Diabetes Self-Management, Yoga/Qigong/Martial Arts, Mental Health, Suicide Prevention/Intervention, Child Safety Seat installation/inspection, Crib Safety, DUI/Traffic Safety, and others.
Safe Drug Disposal
Med Return containers at the following locations:
- Desert View Hospital, 360 S. Lola Ln, Pahrump, NV 89048
- Healthcare Partners, 1397 S. Loop Road, Pahrump, NV 89060
- Nye County Sheriff’s Office 1520 E Basin Rd, Ste 102, Pahrump NV (Call for appt.)
- Nye County Sheriff’s Office 101 Radar Road, Tonopah, NV 89049
- Esmeralda County Sheriff’s Office 233 Crook Ave, Goldfield, NV 89013
- Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, 225 Justice Way, Pioche, NV 89043
Wellness Classes offered in Pahrump and Tonopah
From time-to-time NyECC will offer a variety of no-cost workshops that are topic specific:
- Diabetes: we offer the Stanford Diabetes Self-Management 6-week program, as well as, the National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) funded by Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Mental Health First-Aid: we offer an 8-hour training as a single day or over a period of 2 days
- Child Car Seat Inspections & Installation: the coalition has a number of certified technicians that can properly inspect all child safety seats and install no-cost seats to those that qualify. Contact NyECC at 775-727-9970 to learn how to schedule an inspection or installation